Sunday 2 November 2014

Retail Report - Oxford Street

Oxford Street, the UK's capital of shopping, the street every girl dreams of because of the huge high street stores that are available.
From Topshop to Selfridges and Santander to Nike Town, Oxford Street really does offer something for everyone, however I would state that the primary customer for the street would be from all ages, who are potentially professionals that have the spare money to be able to take full advantage of what Oxford Street has to offer as well as those who enjoy an intense shopping experience.

It is no surprise that it is so busy when 200 millions people visit each year,
the thing I loved about this place was the fact it was a whole experience for example there are facilities on offer like free wifi from 02, more than 7 park spaces just off the street to enjoy, first aid centre and welcome ambassadors. 

It is the perfect destination to update any wardrobe with the large variety that is on offer for example it holds the flagship stores for Debenhams, House of Fraser, John Lewis, Selfridges and Topshop meaning that there is a larger variety of items on offer. Living in Devon I noticed this the most, Devon holds onto smaller stores of the big brands and therefore when I have the chance to go to London there are always items I have never seen before in the stores. 

Oxford Street itself does mean lots of walking from one end to the other so sensible shoes is a must. There is public transport all around, with the tube coming in right opposite Topshop - the centre of everything. Therefore it makes access incredibly easy, in contrast to something like Dover Street in which it is a walk away from any tube station.


(4)

One thing  I did find on Oxford Street was repetition of shops - for example, there are 4 Zara's on Oxford Street, I have to say each are slightly different and hold different items but I felt that everything was just repeated and maybe one or two would be enough, or like Topshop, they make one huge Zara. 

Personally Oxford Street is great, I only get to go every so often due to travelling however I wouldn't go to Oxford Street just to pop and get a new pair of heels I would go for a large shopping spree that I had saved up for. 
Oxford definitely lives up to London hectic lifestyle and isn't for the light hearted.





No comments:

Post a Comment